How can we help you?
When you're making decisions regarding the health of your family, it's important to get all the information you need and answers for all your questions.
At James Island Dental Associates, we are happy to provide you with answers so you can make informed decisions about your health. We've selected a few questions we often hear, and you are always more than welcome to reach out to us if you need more details.
Dentures and Partials
Today’s dentures, optimized for fit and comfort, also have aesthetic appeal. Designed specifically for you, they look just like your natural teeth.
At James Island Dental Associates, our dentists work closely with you and the denture preparation lab to exceed your expectations. Our denture patients are always surprised by the comfort, fit, and natural look of their new dentures.
Types of dentures we offer include:
- Complete Dentures - customized to fit your mouth, give you an entire mouth of removable but natural-looking teeth and gums.
- Partial Dentures - much like complete dentures, partial dentures are removable. They fit the contours of your mouth and fill in the spaces where teeth are missing. Partials may fit by clasps around healthy teeth.
- Implant-Retained Over Dentures - these also look very natural, but they have the added benefit of not slipping because they are held in place with dental implant posts.
Caring for Dentures
Caring for dentures requires cleaning and regular dental visits to assess teeth, gums, and for denture adjustments or relines.
Tips for maintaining your dentures at home include:
- Cleaning in cool water only
- Using only cleaners and supplies recommended for dentures
- Seeing your dentist for realignments and assessments
If you’re considering dentures or replacement dentures, contact our Charleston, SC dental office today!